Thursday, April 7, 2011

The belly's growing bigger and my pants are becoming tighter week by week. Nearly two week has gone by since I made the conscious decision to work part time and honestly, it has really made the difference. I feel in greater control over my day. It's been a healthy challenge to find greater efficiency in my work day. In fact, the challenge of squeezing a 3/4 time work schedule in a 1/2 time schedule has even been fun. It's also clear to everyone at work and at home that I keep a fixed office schedule of 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. so I don't need to answer to anyone's questions anymore. It makes economical sense at this stage. I get the rest I direly need for my second and third trimester. My conscience is much clearer.

Interestingly, business is starting to pick up for me too. I have two projects that I am currently working on now. One of my own and the other for the Greenbay Office...both to do with patents. I am amazed at how my plans are falling into place. Even though I am preparing for the side business of estate planning, it is starting to look like patents could be a full time gig for me. And it feels so right. After all these years of slugging it through, testing all the waters, reading all the signs, stearing clear of the red flags, I feel like my ship is coming close to shore.

It has become hard to determine which is the best part of my day now. Dropping Kaolin off at school, knowing that her tummy is full of food, that she is well rested and seeing her waive good bye to me finally without a single tear but only with the intent readiness for the day in her eyes....or sitting down at my desk fully rested with a clear mind and with an intent readiness for the day in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment