Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Driving Sideways

The morning after gave me no sense of eruption or free fall into guilt and sadness.  Rather, at least up until today, it feels more like paying up on a debt.  The breaks on life is lifted.  I am my own agent where success and failure is mine to own.  My girl asked me this morning why I keep having to repeat myself with her regarding my reasons for this transition in life and the constant attempts to reassure her of my affection.  Apparently, she already knows where I stand and I don't have to say it too many times.  A few times is enough.  The rest is what it is.  The tao of a four year old.  I am taking a lesson in my own book regarding karma.  That is, our children cannot move forward beyond life's obstacles until their parents move beyond their own.  At this point, it's time to move forward, avoid the drama and live for tomorrow and all it has to offer.  There was much that had been gained in the past but for good reason, had to end.  At this moment, it's time to let go of the ashes and proceed.  Good people are waiting for us to carry on.  Sometimes, we must move sideways at a hard right angle to get to the next forward moving track.       

No comments:

Post a Comment