Monday, May 16, 2011

Much Needed Vacation

As the belly grows, my desire to work at the office wanes. It's an aweful irony how much I wanted the office to get started and now I just want to focus on one thing at a time...the pregnancy first. My daily goals are distracted by weather, daycare issues, and simply feeling blaahhh all the time. The constriction of my tight pre-pregnancy pants is making me wonder if my baby will be born with a belt line around her forehead. But there's not enough time or money to go shopping for ugly maternity clothes. How do professional women maintain their professional look during pregnancy? I leave the house looking like I've just undergone shock therapy each morning. Our family needs a vacation badly. Clay's leaving to Shanghai for nearly 2 weeks this coming Friday. Though it will be intense work, he'll be having a lot of fun and it will be the needed vacation get-a-way he's been needing. My parents will be in town the week that he's gone. Perhaps I should turn it into a mini-vacation for Kaolin and I too. My brain is clogged from winter cob-webs. In dire need of sunshine and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment