Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Today my daughter turns 3. I can't believe how time flies. She is no longer a baby but is a self declared big girl. Just last year exactly to date, I posted on my facebook page the following comment, "My baby turns two today! Two year accomplishments: sleep in own bed, drink from a cup, count from 1 -10, recall letters a-z, learned all the colors, recognize half the shapes, switched over to pull ups, and completely potty trained herself. Siggghhhh. I don't think she needs me anymore. 8(" This year's accomplishments, "count into the 20's, add and subtract, recognize letters and write the word 'Mom', draw actual characters, sleep on time and in own bed, watch an entire movie at the movie theater, and have full on silly adult conversations."

She's amazing. What lucky parents we are. In the back of mind are the dark fears of those early teenage years. Dear God, I hope we all skate by them quickly with few shallow scars. For now, I'm holding her tightly to my chest and squeezing out every possible lovable kiss and hug I can get like a chintzy novice gamer playing Mario Brothers for the bean counting pleasure of it. I may not be blessed with money, but my family is amazing and I have to thank God every day.

This second little one is also about to arrive soon too. Hopefully not today because I can't imagine splitting the difference between a Dora themed birthday party and a Hannah Montana birthday party. It would just never work out. I am a bit scared anticipating the pain, the labor and the possibility of things going wrong again. I've drafted a will, am in the process of adding more money to my life insurance policy, and will be preparing my power of attorney tonight.

My mother told me that in the old culture, a baby will bring a certain karma to the child's family. If it's good, then it's very good. This past year, everything seemed to have happenned all together with the pregnancy. The business has been going well and has proven itself to me. Even if no profit has been made, I am excited over the fact that I've had consistent clientelle period. My reputation has been good in the area of patent law so far. I'm building value through advertisement at this point and we'll see how the next year will be for us. Meanwhile, I had a product idea which looks very promising and it seems that we are closer to realizing something very interesting than may be apparent. Clay is also on a similar track and I'm crossing fingers and toes and hair now. Oh gosh, the imaginary finish line in my mind all this time was to get to this point by the time the baby arrives. The next marker would be the beginning of next year. We'll see how it all goes. Meanwhile, I'll live on hugs and kisses.

No comments:

Post a Comment