Sunday, November 18, 2012

Love Story

It didn't start as a meeting between glances. Not one of those soulful recognition moments.  It took a while to understand what the mind knew what the heart didn't.  Maybe the other way around.  The intrigue always beginning as a matter of the mind.  We sat all night innocently sipping a bottle of wine, talking about the world before us like two newbies about to hit the surf on a warm summer's night.  Decades ago.  We were so fresh.  Revelling in each other's prospects. The optimism was so intoxicating, I didn't want the night to end but enjoyed the taunting game.  I was unavailable anyway.  You were so patient.  If i had known how you really felt, I may have felt slightly offended.  But really, I get it.  What divinity tied us together and kept us holding on all these years despite the roller coaster turns that's thrown us around?  Thinking back far enough to the beginning, I recall a moment when we dared to be vulnerable, a touch that was slightly less than casual.  The mental intrigue breaking through to chemical connection.  A point of clarity that I could not live the next day of my life if you disappeared.  The moment you took me in your arms and we became completely honest with each other.  What fate had her hands in our lives, to believe that we had it in us to make this work?  I don't know. 

2 comments: