Friday, March 22, 2013

The New Normal

There is the sense of belonging to a place, a person, a home that extends beyond our physical existence into our spirit and shadows of our spirit.  Sometimes, the sun that shines brightly highlight the unseen composition of our soul.  What are extensions of our real selves.  Our home.  Our heart.  Emotional composition of our identity.  When the cold wind blows, there is the residual memory of a solid structure that once protected us.  In the new normal, I see myself clearly from my own perspective.  Blindly even.  In the old normal, I refused to see, and was blindly obstinant.  Afraid.  These days, I walk between norms, stepping on shadows.  Always finding myself standing on my own shadow.  When we leave our only normal, we don't completely loose it.  We adapt to a new normal.  To survive, we must learn to walk between spheres while minding the gaps.  I was out seeking only for change.  I did not expect to bargain for metamorphesis.      

No comments:

Post a Comment